Common types of fences
Whether you are a homeowner or own a plot of land, fencing your property may have crossed your mind on many occasions. Fences are available in a range of sizes and materials and can be designed to suit your needs, whether for fencing the back of a property or the front. Some benefits of fencing include;
- Privacy; If you are worried about neighbors spying or eavesdropping on you, a fence can be the ideal solution. For more privacy, you can plant trees near the fence.
- Safety; A fence is an appropriate way to keep off unwanted guests such as thieves or wild animals
- Security; A good fence will deter strangers from quickly accessing your property.
- Curb appeal; Some homeowners opt to fence simply for its curb appeal. Not every fence acts as a barrier; some look elegant.
- Establishment of boundaries; A fence is also a fantastic way of establishing your land or property boundaries. Often people encroach on land unknowingly without noticing that they are annoying the owner.
There are various types of fences that you can construct around your property. The following are the most common types.
This type of fence provides greater privacy and better security than most other types of fences. Wood fences can be as plain or as detailed as your budget allows. The type of wood you use will also help determine how much you spend. If you wish to save money, you can opt for pressure-treated pine. If you are willing to pay more, opt for cedar, tropical hardwood, or redwood. Since wood fencing requires maintenance, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with various treatments you may need for your fence.
Chain link fence
Chain link fencing is not the most stylish option; however, it is economical and, if you keep pets, it’s an ideal way to contain them. The main advantages of chain link fencing are;
- Require little to no maintenance
Aluminum or Steel fence
Both steel and aluminum are attractive and durable. Steel is one of the most robust materials. However, it requires regular maintenance, such as repainting and sanding. Aluminum, on the other hand, endures damp conditions well. Nonetheless, it does not offer proper security since the unwanted guest can be bent easily.
Vinyl fences are very durable and offer lovely curb appeal. This weather-resistant fence can last close to ten years. However, it is more expensive than other types of fences.
These fences are among the most attractive types of fences, yet they provide sufficient security. Wrought iron fences can last for decades so long as you carry out proper maintenance to prevent rusting.
From privacy and security to beauty and sophistication, fencing has many benefits that make it an excellent choice for your home. If you would like to take advantage of the benefits, contact experienced fence companies such as fence company Austin or Northwest Fence & Iron